Thursday, January 22, 2009

Changing hoardings on the roads…

I guess there is not too much to blog about this one just a thought. With the on going recession as it slowly hit India and now it is making lives difficult. But in all this I saw recession coming in through the ‘hoardings’. As I am often driven ;-) I would like to look around and since the recession and markets have been affected over and above the going up prices what I watched was ‘vanishing’ hoardings.

It was first one out of 5 hoardings going blank, then it grew to two toady in a stretch of 5 kms in the city one can at least count 25 hoardings blank some also without the hording companies number, telling us advertisers are not even looking at them.

In all this one fine Saturday morning as we stopped by the traffic signal a group of chirpy teen age children caught our attention. As if one had to be blind to see them. The were standing right before the traffic waiting at signal with Traffic rules related couplets all smiling at the innocent ‘power’ they enjoyed of taking control of traffic minding a few of us.

In their had I was presently happy to see the ‘New hoardings’ for once not over the top, for once not very glamorous, but funny and fingering our conscious.

A funny thought occurred to me are the hoardings of commerce giving way to hoardings of consciousness…..?

No comments: