Tuesday, February 8, 2011

'Eyes only'


Recently i was out again traveling and at an interesting country side. The most interesting of it was the mountains rising from flat lands forming plateau and into become part of the magnificent Western Ghats.

All mornings i went for a long walk, challenging myself on most of the available mornings. I enjoyed the smell of the wood the perfume of the earth, the bird cheer, at intervals disturbed by honking horns of the trucks. It was just nice being in that place, just sensing the place at it is. having a peep at the lives of the people in the village, seeing their morning routines with herds and water and ...

Till one day as i was crossing the gate, on to the road, the sky followed by the highlighted mountains caught my attention. Photography being one of passions, i went back to the room to get my cam. And sure the batteries had run down. I went back to change them with another set and they were uncharged too.

On my return i made sure that i keep one set to charge over nite and so did i. next day morning the sky was even nicer, more deeper and just the right amount of light when i started. completely excited i went with my camera looking forward to capturing all the sights i had seen over days. Already looking forward to changing the picture on my desktop. I was glad to start early and be able to capture the rising crescendo of light over those splendorous mountains.

I opened the cap of the lance, looked at this dry, dark long tree behind which a rising deep peach light glowed the sky followed by ruffled clouds and the mountain in their profile. I pushed my finger over the 'on' button and bang came the message 'batteries exhausted' :)

for a moment i felt dam! but just the next site took the negativity away and i remembered words of my good friend who once said, Some sites are for 'Eyes Only'